Our Vision and Mission
Vision: A multigenerational and a intercultural church that is rooted in the Scripture, with the view of the Kingdom of God, that is devoted to evangelizing all nations
Mission: Living out Christ, strengthening disciples, serving the community, loving all people, and spreading the Gospel
Grace Chinese Christian Church (GCCC) was established in July 2011 in Ellicott City, Howard County of Maryland, by a group of Chinese Christians who are determined to be led by Holy Spirit and to live like Lord Jesus Christ. The GCCC’s Sunday services were initially held at members’ homes, and then moved to Dorsey Hall Community Center in Ellicott City. As the church continued to grow, we moved twice in three years. After we rented the New West Activity Center on the Rumsey Road at Columbia for 6 years, we moved to our own building in September 2019.
Pastor Li Shunping is the first and current Senior Pastor of Grace Chinese Christian Church. Before ministering at GCCC, Pastor Li served at Chinese churches in Maryland, Colorado, and California. Pastor Li studied at Denver Theological Seminary and Western Theological Seminary in California with degree in Master of Divinity.
Church members come from mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, the US and other places. Grace Chinese Christian Church serves the Chinese communities and other ethnic English speaking families in Howard County and Baltimore metropolitan areas. We are actively engaged in the Great Commission, by spreading Gospel to the neighborhood and by supporting missionaries and taking part in short mission trips.
GCCC has both Chinese and English Congregations, and two groups interact actively.
6275 Old Washington Road, Elkridge, Maryland 21075
See it on Google Map
|Chinese Worship||10am – 11:15am||Adult Chinese Sunday School||11:30am – 12:30pm|
|English Worship||11:30am – 12:30pm||English Adult/Youth Sunday School||10:00am – 11:00am|
|Children’s Worship||10am – 10:30am||Children’s Sunday School||10:30am – 11:15am|
English adult fellowship and Youth fellowship are held at church every Friday from 7:30-9:15 pm
Statement of Faith
We believe that the Bible is the sole source, and the supreme rule of Christian faith. The following is the summary of the basic elements of our belief:
- The Scripture, both the Old and the New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God, absolutely inerrant in the original text， the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of people, and the divine and final authority for the Christian’s faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21; Psalms 119:89; John 12:47-48; Revelations 22:18-19)
- There is only one God who is the Creator of all people and all things, infinitely perfect in all His attributes, one in essence. He eternally exists in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Isaiah 44:6; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Deuteronomy 6:4)
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He was crucified for our sins, was buried, and on the third day rose from the dead, and ascended into heaven, where He sits at the right hand of the Majesty of the Highest. He is now our High Priest and Advocate (John 1:1-14; Matthew 1:18, 22-23; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; 1 John 2:1; Hebrews 7:22-25, 8:1). His blood on the cross and his resurrection is the sole foundation for Christians’ justification and sanctification (Acts 4:12; Rom 5:8, 3:24, John 1:12- 13; Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 6:23, Titus 3:5)
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, to convict the world of its sins, to awaken sinners’ souls so that they can believe in and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. He resides in the believers’ hearts, bestows them the power and wisdom for godly living and service. (John 14:16, 26; John 16:7-14; 1 John 2:27; Romans 8:9-16, 26-27)
- Man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost. All men must be born again by the Holy Spirit, and believe in Jesus Christ as their savior and Lord to have their sins forgiven, to receive eternal life, and to become the children of God. (Genesis 1:27; Romans 1:18, 3:23, 5:12, 18-19; John 3:5, 7)
- Our salvation depends solely on God’s grace through our faith in Christ, not by our own works or observing the laws. The new life in Christ is holy without blemish. (Ephesians 2:8-9; 1:4; 4:24)
- Those who are born-again by the Holy Spirit through faith in Christ become the children of God. They are no longer under the bondage of the law. Christians’ sanctified lives are led by the Holy Spirit, neither by merely observing the laws nor by living as slaves of the law. (Galatians 3:3, 3:26, 4:1-9; 5:16-18, 5:25)
- The true Church is composed of all believers in Jesus Christ, who are united together into the spiritual Body of Christ. Christ is the head of the church. (Ephesians 2:11-22; 1Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 1:23)
- Under the principle that Jesus Christ is the Lord, the Head of his Church and the Bible is the supreme rule of our faith and life, our church is autonomous in governing its secular and ecclesiastical affairs. (Colossians 2:6; Romans 6:13; John 10:28-29)
- Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the two sacraments to be observed by our church as testimonies before God and people. (Romans 6:1-4; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- Christians are to live the new pious life by the power of the Holy Spirit, to build up a personal relationship with God, to foster a loving relationship with other fellow Christians as the body of Christ, to be a testimony for the Lord before the world, and to preach the gospel to the end of the world. (Matthew 22:37-40, 28:18-19; John 14:12-14; Acts 1:8, 5:32; 1 Corinthians 12:7; Ephesians 3:20, 6:18-19)
- Our Lord Jesus will return in person, and his “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believers. (Titus 2:11-13; 1 John 3:2-3) The dead will be raised bodily and the believers will have the everlasting blessedness with the Lord. (Matthew 25:31-46; John 5:29; Acts 24:15; Revelations 20:15)